Some of the lower priced USB temperature humidity products do not have these features.
- The THUM has high accuracy ±0.72°F and 2% RH. Some competing products have accuracies of ±3.0°F and ±4.5% RH.
- The THUM software runs as a Windows Service. Which means a user does not need to be logged into the computer for the software to take readings and send email notifications.
- The THUM has a DLL and OCX available to retrieve temperature, humidity and dew point readings from other applications.
- The THUM continuously saves readings to a database. Some of the competing products require you to manually save the readings. Which means you could loose data if there is a power outage or computer crash.
- The THUM software does not limit the maximum amount of readings that can be taken.
- The THUM is designed to be located away from the computer using the included 6 ft USB cable. Some competing products plug directly into the computer. The heat from the computer is likely to skew the readings.
- The sensor on the THUM can be easily replaced if required. The sensor used in the THUM is very accurate and reliable, but it is possible for the sensor to be damaged if exposed to chemicals.
- The THUM has software for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- The THUM software has adjustable reading intervals. Change the interval to meet your specific requirements to avoid having an excess of data when reviewing at a later date.
- The THUM software creates a web page of the current readings.
- The THUM was one of the first true USB temperature and humidity devices developed. Thousands have been sold since its introduction in to the market on Febuary 2004.
Check out these THUM Firsts!
The THUM was the first USB temperature humidity device to:
- Have software that graphs, saves to a database, emails, and creates a web page
- Have a programming API available using a DLL or OCX for custom integration
- Have Windows, Mac, and Linux software available
- Have monitoring software that runs as a Windows Service
- Have the ability to save data to a Microsoft SQL database
- Have the capability to shutdown Windows computers when alarm limits are reached
THIS DEVICE IS NOT TO BE USED IN ANY APPLICATION WHERE THE USE, MISUSE, OR FAILURE OF THIS DEVICE COULD CAUSE HARM TO PEOPLE.
Larger image of the THUM
Start monitoring your environment Now