The THUM can be used on a Macintosh with OS X. The Mac version of the software has most of the same features as the Windows version. The Mac version also has Applescript support which allows the THUM readings to be integrated into other applications.
Download Mac software
The software monitors the temperature and humidity, storing the readings to a text file. The software can send e-mail if an alarm point is reached to notify you of environment problems in the monitored area.
To use the THUM with Applescript: Install the Mac software and open the "MacTHUM" "dictionary" in the AppleScript ScriptEditor program. Using Applescript the THUM can be integrated with other applications very easily. The documentation is there for all the supported AppleScript verbs. Click here for demo script.
If you need to write custom software for the THUM in a Mac environment, a redistributable Mac Library is available. Contact us for more information.
- Accurate Temperature & Relative Humidity monitoring (±0.72°F and 2% RH)
- Inexpensive USB Thermometer and RH meter
- USB for easy installation and support for new computer hardware
- E-mails notifications if alarm set-points are reached
- Send Alarm notifications to your cell phone or pager, if your phone or pager can receive SMS messages via e-mail
- Sampling period of 5 seconds to 30 minutes
- Applescript support - allowing integration into other applications
- Software included at no additional charge
- Free software free updates until a new major version is released
- Powered by the USB port - no additional power adapter needed
- No calibration required
- Temperature/RH sensor can be replaced easily without calibration
- Small physical dimensions (2.8" x 2" x 1.25")
- 24 hour/day monitoring (provided THUM remains plugged in and computer and software is left running)
For Indoor Use Only
||±0.4°C @ 5°C to 40°C
|±0.72°F @ 41°F to 104°F
||±2.0% RH @ 10% to 90%
||-40°C to 51°C
|-40°F to 125°F
||0% to 100%
Mac 300 MHz computer or faster
64 MB RAM or greater
1 available USB 1.1 or USB 2 port
Mac OS X or greater
THIS DEVICE IS NOT TO BE USED IN ANY APPLICATION WERE THE USE, MISUSE, OR FAILURE OF THIS DEVICE COULD CAUSE HARM TO PEOPLE.
Larger image of the THUM
Cold Mac Project - uses the THUM and MacTHUMctl to update a webpage with live charts